- Teri Hatcher as Susan Mayer
- Felicity Huffman as Lynette Scavo
- Marcia Cross as Bree Van De Kamp
- Eva Longoria as Gabrielle Solis
- Nicollette Sheridan as Edie Britt
- Dana Delany as Katherine Mayfair
- Brenda Strong as Mary Alice Young
- Andrea Bowen as Julie Mayer
- Ricardo Chavira as Carlos Solis
- James Denton as Mike Delfino
- Lyndsy Fonseca as Dylan Mayfair
- Joy Lauren
- Kyle MacLachlan as Orson Hodge
- Vanessa Williams as Renee Perry
- Doug Savant as Tom Scavo
- Brian Austin Green as Keith Watson
A primetime soap with a truly contemporary take on the "happily ever after," "Desperate Housewives" takes a darkly comedic look at suburbia, where the secret lives of housewives aren't always what they seem.
The series began with Mary Alice Young (Brenda Strong) leaving her perfect house, in the loveliest of suburbs, and ending it all. Now she takes us into the lives of her family, friends and neighbors, commenting from her elevated P.O.V.
Her circle of girlfriends on Wisteria Lane includes Susan Mayer (Teri Hatcher), who has finally married the love of her life but is now faced with the challenges of a blended family; Lynette Scavo (Felicity Huffman), who struggles with work, health and family issues; Bree Van De Kamp (Marcia Cross) - Martha Stewart on steroids - who tries to keep her image of perfection even as everything crumbles around her; and Gabrielle Solis (Eva Longoria), the newly married ex-model who seems to have everything she has ever wanted - a rich, powerful husband, a big house - everything that is, but a husband she truly loves.
Then there are the men: Mike Delfino (James Denton), a plumber who has recently tied the knot with his longtime love, Susan; Lynette's adorable husband, Tom (Doug Savant), who always stays by his wife's side despite many challenges; Gabrielle's ex-husband, Carlos (Ricardo Antonio Chavira), who is still in love with his ex-wife; and Bree's husband, Orson Hodge (Kyle MacLachlan), who helps Bree keep the many secrets that uphold their image as a perfect family.
From her unique vantage point, Mary Alice sees more now than she ever did alive, and she's planning to share all the delicious secrets that hide behind every neighbor's closed door in this seemingly perfect American suburb.