- Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester
- Lea Michele as Rachel Berry
- Cory Monteith as Finn Hudson
- Jessalyn Gilsig as Terri Schuester
- Jane Lynch as Sue
- Jayma Mays as Emma Pillsbury
- Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel
- Kevin McHale as Artie Abrams
- Dianna Agron as Quinn Fabray
- Mark Salling as Noah 'Puck' Puckerman
- Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina Cohen-Chang
- Amber Riley as Mercedes Jones
- Heather Morris as Brittany
- Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez
- Harry Shum Jr. as Mike Chang
- Darren Criss as Blaine
- Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans
The one-hour series follows an optimistic high school teacher as he tries to transform the school's Glee Club and inspire a group of ragtag performers to make it to the biggest competition of them all: Nationals.
Even with the help of fellow teacher Emma Pillsburry (Jayma Mays, "Ugly Betty"), it won't be easy since the "brightest stars" of the pitch-imperfect club include Kurt (Chris Colfer), a nerdy soprano with a flair for the dramatic; Mercedes (Amber Riley), a dynamic diva-in-training who refuses to sing back up; Arty (Kevin McHale, "True Blood"), a geeky guitarist who attracts more bullies than girls; and Tina (Jenna Ushkowitz, "Spring Awakening"), an awkward girl who needs to suppress her stutter before her center stage solo.
Will's only hope lies with two true talents: Rachel (Lea Michele, "Spring Awakening"), a perfectionist firecracker who is convinced show choir is her ticket to stardom; and Finn (Cory Monteith, "Kyle XY"), the popular high school quarterback with movie star looks and a Motown voice who must protect his cool reputation with his holier-than-thou girlfriend, Quinn (Dianna Agron), and his arrogant teammate, Puck (Mark Salling).
Will is determined to do whatever it takes to make Glee great again, even though everyone around him thinks he's nuts. He's out to prove them all wrong-from his tough-as-nails wife Terri (Jessalyn Gilsig, "Nip/Tuck") to McKinley's cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch, "Best In Show," "Role Models") to an ber-hip world that thinks jazz hands and sequined tuxedos litter the road to infamy rather than pave the way to Hollywood dreams.